Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike, the likely pacesetter and one of the three main contenders in Saturday's Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) at the Far Hills Races in Far Hills, N.J., was scratched Friday with a foot abscess.
Eclipse Award candidates Hirapour, McDynamo and Preemptive
Strike lead a group of eight Thoroughbreds nominated to the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) Oct. 12.
Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike broke on top and was never headed, winning the $75,000 Somerset Medical Center Steeplechase (NSA-II), a race for cancer awareness, at the Meadowlands on Saturday night by five lengths.
Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike caught favorites Hirapour and Al Skywalker in the stretch to win the $50,000 Carolina First Carolina Cup Saturday before a crowd estimated at 70,000 at Springdale Race Course in Camden, S.C.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Company Selected to Update AHC Impact Study
- Nine Entries Added to Fasig-Tipton November
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill