Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike, the likely pacesetter and one of the three main contenders in Saturday's Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) at the Far Hills Races in Far Hills, N.J., was scratched Friday with a foot abscess.
Eclipse Award candidates Hirapour, McDynamo and Preemptive
Strike lead a group of eight Thoroughbreds nominated to the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) Oct. 12.
Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike broke on top and was never headed, winning the $75,000 Somerset Medical Center Steeplechase (NSA-II), a race for cancer awareness, at the Meadowlands on Saturday night by five lengths.
Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike caught favorites Hirapour and Al Skywalker in the stretch to win the $50,000 Carolina First Carolina Cup Saturday before a crowd estimated at 70,000 at Springdale Race Course in Camden, S.C.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Aims to Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala