Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike, the likely pacesetter and one of the three main contenders in Saturday's Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) at the Far Hills Races in Far Hills, N.J., was scratched Friday with a foot abscess.
Eclipse Award candidates Hirapour, McDynamo and Preemptive
Strike lead a group of eight Thoroughbreds nominated to the Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) Oct. 12.
Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike broke on top and was never headed, winning the $75,000 Somerset Medical Center Steeplechase (NSA-II), a race for cancer awareness, at the Meadowlands on Saturday night by five lengths.
Polaris Stable's Preemptive Strike caught favorites Hirapour and Al Skywalker in the stretch to win the $50,000 Carolina First Carolina Cup Saturday before a crowd estimated at 70,000 at Springdale Race Course in Camden, S.C.
Most Popular Stories
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- Zia Park Schedules 33 Stakes for 2015 Meet
- New Drug Rules Take Effect in West Virginia
- PA Bill Would Lower Racing Dates Minimum