The annual Kentucky Derby Trainer's Dinner gives trainers a chance to laugh a little and blow off some steam. Trainer Mike Maker was first up May 2 at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Louisville, and he stole the show.
Four days before the Saturday race, most of the trainers with horses in the classic shared a stage and a laugh or two at the annual Kentucky Derby Trainers Dinner.
Before an enthusiastic crowd of 500 at the Hyatt Regency Ballroom in Louisville, nearly all of the trainers with starters pointing for the Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) talked about their horses.
The annual Kentucky Derby Trainers Dinner will be held April 27, at the Hyatt Regency located in downtown Louisville.
The annual Kentucky Derby (gr. I) trainers dinner will be held Tuesday, April 27, at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Louisville. The event features cocktails, dinner, presentations, and the infamous one-on-one interviews with the trainers of 2004 Derby contenders.
Before they were even assured a spot in Saturday's Kentucky Derby field, trainers of the top 21 Derby hopefuls were invited to a dinner in their honor Tuesday night.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double