Four days before the Saturday race, most of the trainers with horses in the classic shared a stage and a laugh or two at the annual Kentucky Derby Trainers Dinner.
Before an enthusiastic crowd of 500 at the Hyatt Regency Ballroom in Louisville, nearly all of the trainers with starters pointing for the Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) talked about their horses.
The annual Kentucky Derby Trainers Dinner will be held April 27, at the Hyatt Regency located in downtown Louisville.
The annual Kentucky Derby (gr. I) trainers dinner will be held Tuesday, April 27, at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Louisville. The event features cocktails, dinner, presentations, and the infamous one-on-one interviews with the trainers of 2004 Derby contenders.
Before they were even assured a spot in Saturday's Kentucky Derby field, trainers of the top 21 Derby hopefuls were invited to a dinner in their honor Tuesday night.
Most Popular Stories
- Knee Chip Knocks El Areeb Off Derby Trail
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- BC Classic the Endgame for Gun Runner in 2017
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Suffolk Downs Sale Approved by Gaming Commission
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Churchill Downs Inc. Rejoins NTRA