The annual Kentucky Derby Trainer's Dinner gives trainers a chance to laugh a little and blow off some steam. Trainer Mike Maker was first up May 2 at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Louisville, and he stole the show.
Four days before the Saturday race, most of the trainers with horses in the classic shared a stage and a laugh or two at the annual Kentucky Derby Trainers Dinner.
Before an enthusiastic crowd of 500 at the Hyatt Regency Ballroom in Louisville, nearly all of the trainers with starters pointing for the Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) talked about their horses.
The annual Kentucky Derby Trainers Dinner will be held April 27, at the Hyatt Regency located in downtown Louisville.
The annual Kentucky Derby (gr. I) trainers dinner will be held Tuesday, April 27, at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Louisville. The event features cocktails, dinner, presentations, and the infamous one-on-one interviews with the trainers of 2004 Derby contenders.
Before they were even assured a spot in Saturday's Kentucky Derby field, trainers of the top 21 Derby hopefuls were invited to a dinner in their honor Tuesday night.
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'