Jockey Grant Whitacre will miss the entire spring meet at Pimlico Race Course after he cracked the T6 vertebra in his back and broke his nose during a spill during training March 30 at Laurel Park.
Jockey Steve Hamilton, the third leading rider at the major Maryland tracks this year, has decided to take off the remainder of 2005. The 32-year-old captured the Pimlico spring meeting for the second straight year and has 107 victories at Pimlico and Laurel Park this year.
Jockey Erick Rodriguez was sent to the hospital for x-rays on his tailbone after being thrown from his mount in an eventful seventh race at Laurel Park Thursday.
Jozbin Santana, who fractured his left leg in a spill at Pimlico on Aug. 13, returned to the saddle for the first time Thursday and visited the winners' circle with his first mount.
Jozbin Santana, the leading rider during the current Pimlico summer meet, will miss four to six weeks with a hairline fracture of his left leg sustained in a fall during the sixth race Aug. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana