A Choisir-Strawberry Mirn colt brought Aust$68,000 (approximately $51,893 in U.S. funds) to top the 60th annual HTBA William Inglis & Son Scone yearling sale in Australia May 14. Trainer Paul Perry purchased the colt from Broad Crossing.
Not only will the second wave by Redoute's Choice smash the 2-year-old earnings record for an Australian season, they could double the current mark before the season ends July 31.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick - This item of interest from the Feb. 25 issue of USA Today: a horse racing groom has the worst job in sports.
Australian sprint sensation Choisir has been purchased by Coolmore Stud - subject to a veterinary inspection - following his excellent effort in yesterday's Darley July Cup. The son of rising star Danehill Dancer will go into quarantine in Ireland before shuttling to Coolmore Australia for the upcoming stud season.
Star Australian sprinter Choisir, trained by Paul Perry, has been given given the go-ahead to run in the group I Darley July Cup on Thursday, July 10, at Newmarket, England.
Austrailian-bred Choisir won his second race in five days at Royal Ascot, beating Airwave by a half length Saturday in the $418,000 Golden Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win