The 2015 Inglis premier yearling sale kept up its robust pace March 2, posting increases in average and median through two days of the four-day auction in Melbourne, Australia.
Paced by a sale-topping Per Incanto colt on opening day, the Inglis Classic yearling summer sale posted record returns at the auction's conclusion Feb. 10, with year-over-year increases in average, median, and gross.
A Choisir-Strawberry Mirn colt brought Aust$68,000 (approximately $51,893 in U.S. funds) to top the 60th annual HTBA William Inglis & Son Scone yearling sale in Australia May 14. Trainer Paul Perry purchased the colt from Broad Crossing.
Not only will the second wave by Redoute's Choice smash the 2-year-old earnings record for an Australian season, they could double the current mark before the season ends July 31.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick - This item of interest from the Feb. 25 issue of USA Today: a horse racing groom has the worst job in sports.
Australian sprint sensation Choisir has been purchased by Coolmore Stud - subject to a veterinary inspection - following his excellent effort in yesterday's Darley July Cup. The son of rising star Danehill Dancer will go into quarantine in Ireland before shuttling to Coolmore Australia for the upcoming stud season.
Star Australian sprinter Choisir, trained by Paul Perry, has been given given the go-ahead to run in the group I Darley July Cup on Thursday, July 10, at Newmarket, England.
Austrailian-bred Choisir won his second race in five days at Royal Ascot, beating Airwave by a half length Saturday in the $418,000 Golden Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- Former Claimer Chases Greatness in SA Oaks
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- The Big Beast Returns to the Big Leagues
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Condo Commando Tops Gazelle Contenders
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby
- Blue Grass Hopefuls Train at Keeneland