Former trainer John T. Ward has left his position as executive director of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, the second major leadership departure at the regulatory agency since Matt Bevin assumed office as governor.
Louisville owner Bob Stallings died Monday, March 15, at his home after battling brain cancer.
The Commonwealth of Kentucky and the cities of Lexington and Louisville have officially declared July 19 Seabiscuit Day – the same date that the movie about the great racehorse premieres in those two cities.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Just as the automobile replaced the horse and buggy a century ago, the manufacture of automobiles has supplanted in importance the breeding and racing of Thoroughbreds in Kentucky, based on the recent actions of Gov. Paul Patton and state legislators.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Kentucky Gov. Paul Patton gave Californians help in educating Gov. Gray Davis on the horse industry.
In an effort to determine the effects of Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome on the horse industry, Kentucky Gov. Paul Patton has announced he will commission an economic impact study.
Most Popular Stories
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Distorted Humor Filly Brings $575,000 at OBS
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017