Former trainer John T. Ward has left his position as executive director of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission, the second major leadership departure at the regulatory agency since Matt Bevin assumed office as governor.
Louisville owner Bob Stallings died Monday, March 15, at his home after battling brain cancer.
The Commonwealth of Kentucky and the cities of Lexington and Louisville have officially declared July 19 Seabiscuit Day – the same date that the movie about the great racehorse premieres in those two cities.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Just as the automobile replaced the horse and buggy a century ago, the manufacture of automobiles has supplanted in importance the breeding and racing of Thoroughbreds in Kentucky, based on the recent actions of Gov. Paul Patton and state legislators.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Kentucky Gov. Paul Patton gave Californians help in educating Gov. Gray Davis on the horse industry.
In an effort to determine the effects of Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome on the horse industry, Kentucky Gov. Paul Patton has announced he will commission an economic impact study.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work