Legendary British jumps jockey A.P. "Tony" McCoy plans to retire from race riding when the current season concludes April 25.
Silviniaco Conti won the William Hill King George VI Chase for the second straight year Dec. 26 at Kempton.
After capturing two Totesport Cheltenham Gold Cups, steeplechase star Kauto Star could soon be targeting Olympic gold medals after being sent by his owner for a month's training in dressage.
Recent English import Pierrot Lunaire denied champion Good Night Shirt his third consecutive Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) victory May 9 when he came from off the pace to win the $150,000 event at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn.
Escayola, a 3-year-old gelded son of Revoque, topped day one of the Tattersalls Autumn Horses In Training Sale in Newmarket Monday after bringing 105,000 guineas from Terry Williamson on behalf of owner Margaret Findlay,
Most Popular Stories
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend