Legendary British jumps jockey A.P. "Tony" McCoy plans to retire from race riding when the current season concludes April 25.
Silviniaco Conti won the William Hill King George VI Chase for the second straight year Dec. 26 at Kempton.
After capturing two Totesport Cheltenham Gold Cups, steeplechase star Kauto Star could soon be targeting Olympic gold medals after being sent by his owner for a month's training in dressage.
Recent English import Pierrot Lunaire denied champion Good Night Shirt his third consecutive Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) victory May 9 when he came from off the pace to win the $150,000 event at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn.
Escayola, a 3-year-old gelded son of Revoque, topped day one of the Tattersalls Autumn Horses In Training Sale in Newmarket Monday after bringing 105,000 guineas from Terry Williamson on behalf of owner Margaret Findlay,
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends
- Delaware Park Latest Track to Boot Vazquez
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Presque Isle Alters Post Time to Combat Deer
- Tough Field Drawn for Penny Memorial at Parx
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details