A pair of 3-year-olds offered in close succession during day two of the Arqana summer sale July 2 each sold for the sale-topping price of â‚¬380,000 (US$ 421,560), a record price for the two-day auction.
Legendary British jumps jockey A.P. "Tony" McCoy plans to retire from race riding when the current season concludes April 25.
Silviniaco Conti won the William Hill King George VI Chase for the second straight year Dec. 26 at Kempton.
After capturing two Totesport Cheltenham Gold Cups, steeplechase star Kauto Star could soon be targeting Olympic gold medals after being sent by his owner for a month's training in dressage.
Recent English import Pierrot Lunaire denied champion Good Night Shirt his third consecutive Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) victory May 9 when he came from off the pace to win the $150,000 event at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn.
Escayola, a 3-year-old gelded son of Revoque, topped day one of the Tattersalls Autumn Horses In Training Sale in Newmarket Monday after bringing 105,000 guineas from Terry Williamson on behalf of owner Margaret Findlay,
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes