A Dubawi colt, which is a member of his sire's first crop, set a sale record when he brought 280,000 euros (approximately $376,538) May 9 during the upbeat Arqana breeze-up auction at Saint-Cloud racecourse in France. Paul Nataf, acting on behalf of his longtime client GÃƒÂ©rard Laboureau, purchased the colt from Willie Browne's Mocklershill operation.
The Arquana October Yearling sale had strong support from French buyers but still experienced across-the-board declines for key statistics.
The four-day Arqana August yearling sale at Deauville ended on a strong note Aug. 20, with gross sales climbing 25.8% and the average increasing 20.5% above the equivalent 2006 statistics. Europe's top buyers were extremely active during the two select sessions, which sold a 1.4 million euros record-breaking Galileo colt, who is a half-brother to Turtle Bowl.
Most Popular Stories
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Delaware Park Cancels July 28 Racing Program
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled
- Milestone Victory for Jockey Centeno
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Wicked Strong Gets Redemption in Jim Dandy