A Dubawi colt, which is a member of his sire's first crop, set a sale record when he brought 280,000 euros (approximately $376,538) May 9 during the upbeat Arqana breeze-up auction at Saint-Cloud racecourse in France. Paul Nataf, acting on behalf of his longtime client GÃƒÂ©rard Laboureau, purchased the colt from Willie Browne's Mocklershill operation.
The Arquana October Yearling sale had strong support from French buyers but still experienced across-the-board declines for key statistics.
The four-day Arqana August yearling sale at Deauville ended on a strong note Aug. 20, with gross sales climbing 25.8% and the average increasing 20.5% above the equivalent 2006 statistics. Europe's top buyers were extremely active during the two select sessions, which sold a 1.4 million euros record-breaking Galileo colt, who is a half-brother to Turtle Bowl.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Live Saratoga Weekend Coverage from HRRN
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Travers Stakes: Bayern Gets a Bath
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys