A winning Mastercraftsman colt named Dance of Life was bought for a sale record €400,000 (US$445,061) July 1, the final day of the Arqana summer sale, which closed with record sales.
The first Western Australian crop of Kentucky-based sire War Chant made a splash on day one of the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale Feb. 18, with a filly sold for the day's highest price and three colts among the top 10.
Steady demand for quality horses was reflected by an 88.5% clearance rate through the first two days of Australia's Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale when the second session of six-day auction closed Jan. 9.
A filly by deceased End Sweep is the toast of New Zealand after downing the colts in the 2,000 Guineas (NZ-I) Nov. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Xpressbet Unveils Financial Stimulus Package
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?