A winning Mastercraftsman colt named Dance of Life was bought for a sale record €400,000 (US$445,061) July 1, the final day of the Arqana summer sale, which closed with record sales.
The first Western Australian crop of Kentucky-based sire War Chant made a splash on day one of the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale Feb. 18, with a filly sold for the day's highest price and three colts among the top 10.
Steady demand for quality horses was reflected by an 88.5% clearance rate through the first two days of Australia's Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale when the second session of six-day auction closed Jan. 9.
A filly by deceased End Sweep is the toast of New Zealand after downing the colts in the 2,000 Guineas (NZ-I) Nov. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race