Trainer Paul J. McGee can't help but smile when he talks about the old man of his stable, Bet On Sunshine, as he prepares for his bid for a second consecutive victory in Saturday's $100,000 Aristides Handicap (gr. III).
John Murphy's Dream Run, fourth in last month's Florida Derby (gr. I), has been installed the 2-1 morning-line favorite after drawing post 5 for Saturday's Illinois Derby (gr. II) at Sportsman's Park.
I Believe In You, never letting previously unbeaten Jetin Excess out of her sights under a perfect ride by jockey Alex Solis, inched to the lead with a furlong to run and prevailed by a neck in a furious drive to the wire to win Sunday's $351,750 Hollywood Starlet at Hollywood Park. I Believe In You, who arrived in California from Kentucky three weeks ago, looked right at home while covering the 1 1/16 miles on a fast track in 1:43 2/5.
Aaron and Marie Jones' brilliant Riboletta led a planeload of Breeders' Cup contenders who arrived at Churchill Downs Monday morning. Meanwhile, Behrens, who suffered a cut on his leg in the Jockey Club Gold Cup, didn't make the flight and could be retired.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31