Trainer Paul J. McGee can't help but smile when he talks about the old man of his stable, Bet On Sunshine, as he prepares for his bid for a second consecutive victory in Saturday's $100,000 Aristides Handicap (gr. III).
John Murphy's Dream Run, fourth in last month's Florida Derby (gr. I), has been installed the 2-1 morning-line favorite after drawing post 5 for Saturday's Illinois Derby (gr. II) at Sportsman's Park.
I Believe In You, never letting previously unbeaten Jetin Excess out of her sights under a perfect ride by jockey Alex Solis, inched to the lead with a furlong to run and prevailed by a neck in a furious drive to the wire to win Sunday's $351,750 Hollywood Starlet at Hollywood Park. I Believe In You, who arrived in California from Kentucky three weeks ago, looked right at home while covering the 1 1/16 miles on a fast track in 1:43 2/5.
Aaron and Marie Jones' brilliant Riboletta led a planeload of Breeders' Cup contenders who arrived at Churchill Downs Monday morning. Meanwhile, Behrens, who suffered a cut on his leg in the Jockey Club Gold Cup, didn't make the flight and could be retired.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/10/2013