Tracy Farmer's Sun King, runner-up in the Whitney Handicap (gr. I) at Saratoga, breezed a strong five furlongs Saturday at Churchill Downs in preparation for the Breeders' Cup Classic - Powered by Dodge (gr. I), which will be run at the Louisville track on Nov. 4.
Horses stabled in a second Churchill Downs barn placed under quarantine by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture because of confirmed cases of equine herpes virus at the track will be allowed to return to limited training on May 23.
A procedure that could allow a return to limited training for horses housed in three Churchill Downs barns placed under quarantine because of equine herpes virus was announced May 20 by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (gr. I) winner Honor In War, recovering from a sprained ankle that knocked him out of the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), won't be ready in time for Churchill Downs' Clark Handicap (gr. II) on the main track Nov. 28.
Turf Classic (gr. IT) winner Honor In War is back in training after a minor ankle injury knocked him out of last week's Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Oak Tree at Santa Anita. Trainer Paul J. McGee is considering a possible run on the dirt in the biggest event of the Churchill Downs' fall meet, the $500,000-added Clark Handicap (gr. II) on Nov. 28.
The 27-day "Fall Festival of Racing" kicks off at historic Churchill Downs Sunday with a battle of middle distance stars in the $150,000-added Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial