Saratoga Race Course's 36-day meet will get off to a strong start July 29 with a card highlighted by full fields on both the dirt and turf, 2-year-old races, and two stakes, including the $100,000 Schuylerville (gr. III).
The New York Racing Association has hired Paul J. Campo as vice president and director of racing; Elizabeth Bracken as vice president and director of simulcast sales and content acquisition; and Tom Thill as vice president and chief information officer.
In an effort to keep horses from being scratched in off-the-turf races, New York Racing Association will increase the purse in such events by 20% so long as there are eight betting interests.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Albertrani Sends Berned West for Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet