Saratoga Race Course's 36-day meet will get off to a strong start July 29 with a card highlighted by full fields on both the dirt and turf, 2-year-old races, and two stakes, including the $100,000 Schuylerville (gr. III).
The New York Racing Association has hired Paul J. Campo as vice president and director of racing; Elizabeth Bracken as vice president and director of simulcast sales and content acquisition; and Tom Thill as vice president and chief information officer.
In an effort to keep horses from being scratched in off-the-turf races, New York Racing Association will increase the purse in such events by 20% so long as there are eight betting interests.
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks
- Sweet Idea Leads Seven-Figure Trio at MM Sale
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD