Saratoga Race Course's 36-day meet will get off to a strong start July 29 with a card highlighted by full fields on both the dirt and turf, 2-year-old races, and two stakes, including the $100,000 Schuylerville (gr. III).
The New York Racing Association has hired Paul J. Campo as vice president and director of racing; Elizabeth Bracken as vice president and director of simulcast sales and content acquisition; and Tom Thill as vice president and chief information officer.
In an effort to keep horses from being scratched in off-the-turf races, New York Racing Association will increase the purse in such events by 20% so long as there are eight betting interests.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic