Saratoga Race Course's 36-day meet will get off to a strong start July 29 with a card highlighted by full fields on both the dirt and turf, 2-year-old races, and two stakes, including the $100,000 Schuylerville (gr. III).
The New York Racing Association has hired Paul J. Campo as vice president and director of racing; Elizabeth Bracken as vice president and director of simulcast sales and content acquisition; and Tom Thill as vice president and chief information officer.
In an effort to keep horses from being scratched in off-the-turf races, New York Racing Association will increase the purse in such events by 20% so long as there are eight betting interests.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail