Saratoga Race Course's 36-day meet will get off to a strong start July 29 with a card highlighted by full fields on both the dirt and turf, 2-year-old races, and two stakes, including the $100,000 Schuylerville (gr. III).
The New York Racing Association has hired Paul J. Campo as vice president and director of racing; Elizabeth Bracken as vice president and director of simulcast sales and content acquisition; and Tom Thill as vice president and chief information officer.
In an effort to keep horses from being scratched in off-the-turf races, New York Racing Association will increase the purse in such events by 20% so long as there are eight betting interests.
Most Popular Stories
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Zivo Returns Against NY-Breds at Spa
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- CTT Pledges Funds for Barn Surveillance
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Calumet to Sponsor KY Downs Juvenile Stakes