Bob Holthus, a veteran Midwest trainer, died the morning of Nov. 22 at his Louisville home.
Churchill Downs and Kentucky veterinary officials are segregating horses because of a possible outbreak of an equine respiratory virus in three barns, but no horses entered in Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I) are affected, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Rood & Riddle to Sponsor Breeders' Cup Draw
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism