Bob Holthus, a veteran Midwest trainer, died the morning of Nov. 22 at his Louisville home.
Churchill Downs and Kentucky veterinary officials are segregating horses because of a possible outbreak of an equine respiratory virus in three barns, but no horses entered in Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I) are affected, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount