Bob Holthus, a veteran Midwest trainer, died the morning of Nov. 22 at his Louisville home.
Churchill Downs and Kentucky veterinary officials are segregating horses because of a possible outbreak of an equine respiratory virus in three barns, but no horses entered in Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I) are affected, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- F-T Kentucky July Sale Catalogs 332 Yearlings
- Keen Ice Breezes Half-Mile for Belmont
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Live Chat - Friday, June 5 at NOON EDT
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- Catching Up With Better Than Honour