Bob Holthus, a veteran Midwest trainer, died the morning of Nov. 22 at his Louisville home.
Churchill Downs and Kentucky veterinary officials are segregating horses because of a possible outbreak of an equine respiratory virus in three barns, but no horses entered in Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I) are affected, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Trickmeister to Tomorrow Bloodstock in NY