Bob Holthus, a veteran Midwest trainer, died the morning of Nov. 22 at his Louisville home.
Churchill Downs and Kentucky veterinary officials are segregating horses because of a possible outbreak of an equine respiratory virus in three barns, but no horses entered in Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I) are affected, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Seagram Cup Next on Sky Captain's Itinerary
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney