Bob Holthus, a veteran Midwest trainer, died the morning of Nov. 22 at his Louisville home.
Churchill Downs and Kentucky veterinary officials are segregating horses because of a possible outbreak of an equine respiratory virus in three barns, but no horses entered in Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I) are affected, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- Owner-Breeder Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies
- Report of Mares Bred Shows Modest Increase
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- Strong Foreign Invasion for Juvenile Turf
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Goldencents Seeks Second Dirt Mile Victory