Bob Holthus, a veteran Midwest trainer, died the morning of Nov. 22 at his Louisville home.
Churchill Downs and Kentucky veterinary officials are segregating horses because of a possible outbreak of an equine respiratory virus in three barns, but no horses entered in Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I) are affected, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- El Kabeir Breezes for Gotham
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- Gulfstream Announces Summer Stakes Program
- Stryker Phd Named Washington Horse of Year
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29
- Strong Beginning for Inglis Premier Sale