The first three members of a casino siting board have been named by the New York State Gaming Commission, a move that starts the clock ticking for when the state will ask developers to bid on the first four casino projects.
Racing medications and the future of the New York Racing Association were among the topics discussed Aug. 5 at the eighth Institute on Racing and Gaming Law in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Negotiations for a new Thoroughbred franchise in New York have progressed in the past several days, but the Republican-led Senate has refused to budge so far on several key points that could risk a shut-down of racing in less than three weeks, according to a top adviser to New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer.
- By Tom Precious
The Spitzer administration has defended its recommendation of the New York Racing Association to run the state's Thoroughbred racing franchise.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test