The first three members of a casino siting board have been named by the New York State Gaming Commission, a move that starts the clock ticking for when the state will ask developers to bid on the first four casino projects.
Racing medications and the future of the New York Racing Association were among the topics discussed Aug. 5 at the eighth Institute on Racing and Gaming Law in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Negotiations for a new Thoroughbred franchise in New York have progressed in the past several days, but the Republican-led Senate has refused to budge so far on several key points that could risk a shut-down of racing in less than three weeks, according to a top adviser to New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer.
The Spitzer administration has defended its recommendation of the New York Racing Association to run the state's Thoroughbred racing franchise.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Ageless May Have Ideal Set-Up in Royal North
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher