Sharp Susan and Mimi Lebrock commanded seven-figure prices as the William Inglis & Son Easter Broodmare sale opened April 17 in Australia with a super select session and supplementary offerings.
Diamond Necklace, carrying a foal by Giant's Causeway, brought $1.3 million to get the 2008 Keeneland November breeding stock sale off to a good start Nov. 3 at the Central Kentucky auction house.
Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock manager John Ferguson and Bob Ingham locked horns Tuesday during the third session of the Inglis Easter national yearling sale in Australia, and the battle produced a stunner. Ferguson was the winner, landing a Redoute's Choice colt for Aust$2.5 million (approximately $2.1 million in U.S. funds).
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution