Sharp Susan and Mimi Lebrock commanded seven-figure prices as the William Inglis & Son Easter Broodmare sale opened April 17 in Australia with a super select session and supplementary offerings.
Diamond Necklace, carrying a foal by Giant's Causeway, brought $1.3 million to get the 2008 Keeneland November breeding stock sale off to a good start Nov. 3 at the Central Kentucky auction house.
Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock manager John Ferguson and Bob Ingham locked horns Tuesday during the third session of the Inglis Easter national yearling sale in Australia, and the battle produced a stunner. Ferguson was the winner, landing a Redoute's Choice colt for Aust$2.5 million (approximately $2.1 million in U.S. funds).
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes