Kharafa had a an ideal trip to comfortably win the $125,000 Kingston Stakes from familiar rival Lubash May 31 at Belmont Park.
Cairo Prince could have just the right balance of stamina and speed to be a successful contender in the Kentucky Derby.
His slate-gray tail streaming behind him, Cairo Prince put on quite a show in the $400,000 Miller Lite Holy Bull Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 25 at Gulfstream Park, winning by 5 3/4 lengths over 10 other 3-year-olds.
Ive Struck a Nerve, the 135-1 upset winner of the Feb. 23 Risen Star Stakes (gr. II), sustained an ankle injury during a workout the morning of March 9 and is off the Triple Crown trail.
Soldat, a dual graded stakes winner by War Front, finished in the top two in eight of 12 starts and earned $622,760.
It's easy to see why his connections want to keep Soldat on turf after last year's Triple Crown contender scored an impressive comeback victory at Gulfstream Park March 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September