The Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau and Betfair, a betting exchange based in Great Britain, have signed a memorandum of understanding that allows the TRPB to obtain information on betting activity.
The Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau (TRPB) has hired Franklin J. Fabian, an assistant section chief in the Counter-terrorism Division at the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Washington headquarters, to succeed the retiring Paul Berube as the organization's president.
Speakers on the opening day of the International Simulcast Conference near San Francisco Sept. 29 had a powerful warning for host tracks: Know who you are doing business with or risk more wagering scandals.
In a lawsuit filed in federal court, Gulfstream Park alleges Tampa Bay Downs is acting in violation of Gulfstream's exclusive contracts in the redistribution of simulcast signals to outlets in Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Zayat Stables Inks Promo Deal for 'Pharoah'
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Commentary: 'If Florida Can, We All Can'
- Belmont Stakes: Frammento Gets a Bath
- American Pharoah Heading to the Track
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont