The Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau and Betfair, a betting exchange based in Great Britain, have signed a memorandum of understanding that allows the TRPB to obtain information on betting activity.
The Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau (TRPB) has hired Franklin J. Fabian, an assistant section chief in the Counter-terrorism Division at the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Washington headquarters, to succeed the retiring Paul Berube as the organization's president.
Speakers on the opening day of the International Simulcast Conference near San Francisco Sept. 29 had a powerful warning for host tracks: Know who you are doing business with or risk more wagering scandals.
In a lawsuit filed in federal court, Gulfstream Park alleges Tampa Bay Downs is acting in violation of Gulfstream's exclusive contracts in the redistribution of simulcast signals to outlets in Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Jockey Suspended After Drug Positive
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark