The Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau and Betfair, a betting exchange based in Great Britain, have signed a memorandum of understanding that allows the TRPB to obtain information on betting activity.
The Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau (TRPB) has hired Franklin J. Fabian, an assistant section chief in the Counter-terrorism Division at the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Washington headquarters, to succeed the retiring Paul Berube as the organization's president.
Speakers on the opening day of the International Simulcast Conference near San Francisco Sept. 29 had a powerful warning for host tracks: Know who you are doing business with or risk more wagering scandals.
In a lawsuit filed in federal court, Gulfstream Park alleges Tampa Bay Downs is acting in violation of Gulfstream's exclusive contracts in the redistribution of simulcast signals to outlets in Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct