Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson defeated Restore the Roar in a sixteenth of a mile match race Saturday at River Downs.
Jockey Patty Cooksey was in good spirits immediately after an accident Saturday in which she broke both legs. Surgery to repair a broken femur and a fractured tibia was performed Saturday night.
- By Victor Ryan
Jockey Patty Cooksey was seriously injured in a three-horse spill during the first race at Keeneland Saturday.
Select Stable's Overbrook Spinster (gr. I) winner Take Charge Lady breezed a half-mile at Churchill Downs Saturday, preparing for her next scheduled start in the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr.i).
Jockey Patricia (P.J.) Cooksey will be honored at the 17th annual Lombardi Gala on Nov. 2 in Washington, D.C. The Gala benefits cancer research at the Lombardi Cancer Center at Georgetown University Medical Center.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago