Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson defeated Restore the Roar in a sixteenth of a mile match race Saturday at River Downs.
Jockey Patty Cooksey was in good spirits immediately after an accident Saturday in which she broke both legs. Surgery to repair a broken femur and a fractured tibia was performed Saturday night.
Jockey Patty Cooksey was seriously injured in a three-horse spill during the first race at Keeneland Saturday.
Select Stable's Overbrook Spinster (gr. I) winner Take Charge Lady breezed a half-mile at Churchill Downs Saturday, preparing for her next scheduled start in the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr.i).
Jockey Patricia (P.J.) Cooksey will be honored at the 17th annual Lombardi Gala on Nov. 2 in Washington, D.C. The Gala benefits cancer research at the Lombardi Cancer Center at Georgetown University Medical Center.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 3
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- Romansh Tries One Turn in Bold Ruler