Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson defeated Restore the Roar in a sixteenth of a mile match race Saturday at River Downs.
Jockey Patty Cooksey was in good spirits immediately after an accident Saturday in which she broke both legs. Surgery to repair a broken femur and a fractured tibia was performed Saturday night.
Jockey Patty Cooksey was seriously injured in a three-horse spill during the first race at Keeneland Saturday.
Select Stable's Overbrook Spinster (gr. I) winner Take Charge Lady breezed a half-mile at Churchill Downs Saturday, preparing for her next scheduled start in the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr.i).
Jockey Patricia (P.J.) Cooksey will be honored at the 17th annual Lombardi Gala on Nov. 2 in Washington, D.C. The Gala benefits cancer research at the Lombardi Cancer Center at Georgetown University Medical Center.
Most Popular Stories
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Pedigree Analysis: Shared Belief Rides On
- Effort Aims to Improve Animal Feed Safety
- Jockey Oscar Flores Records Milestone Victory
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: The Whitney
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney