Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson defeated Restore the Roar in a sixteenth of a mile match race Saturday at River Downs.
Jockey Patty Cooksey was in good spirits immediately after an accident Saturday in which she broke both legs. Surgery to repair a broken femur and a fractured tibia was performed Saturday night.
Jockey Patty Cooksey was seriously injured in a three-horse spill during the first race at Keeneland Saturday.
Select Stable's Overbrook Spinster (gr. I) winner Take Charge Lady breezed a half-mile at Churchill Downs Saturday, preparing for her next scheduled start in the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr.i).
Jockey Patricia (P.J.) Cooksey will be honored at the 17th annual Lombardi Gala on Nov. 2 in Washington, D.C. The Gala benefits cancer research at the Lombardi Cancer Center at Georgetown University Medical Center.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones