Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson defeated Restore the Roar in a sixteenth of a mile match race Saturday at River Downs.
Jockey Patty Cooksey was in good spirits immediately after an accident Saturday in which she broke both legs. Surgery to repair a broken femur and a fractured tibia was performed Saturday night.
- By Victor Ryan
Jockey Patty Cooksey was seriously injured in a three-horse spill during the first race at Keeneland Saturday.
Select Stable's Overbrook Spinster (gr. I) winner Take Charge Lady breezed a half-mile at Churchill Downs Saturday, preparing for her next scheduled start in the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr.i).
Jockey Patricia (P.J.) Cooksey will be honored at the 17th annual Lombardi Gala on Nov. 2 in Washington, D.C. The Gala benefits cancer research at the Lombardi Cancer Center at Georgetown University Medical Center.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Thomas Enjoying Versatile Bridlewood Role
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight