Mizz Money secured the first graded stakes victory of her career Aug. 15 with a narrow upset victory in the $100,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Arlington International Racecourse turf.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's International Star, winner of the Jan. 17 Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) at Fair Grounds, was bred in New York by Marylanders Katharine Voss and Robert Manfuso.
A $250,000 Harlan's Holiday colt set the bar Oct. 21 as Fasig-Tipton's October yearling sale opened its three-day run and continued the yearling market's upward trend.
For EQB's Jeffrey Seder, high-tech is the way to go. The president and CEO of the Pennsylvania consulting firm advocates using science to find the best sale prospects. read blog
The Blood-Horse's new Summer Select Sales Guide includes one-page profiles of the 28 first-crop yearling sires represented at the premier summer yearling sales of 2011 plus sire analyses, features, and more. More Information
Read what some participants in the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale had to say about the market.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association will hold a two-day conformation and pedigree clinic at Calder Race Course Feb. 1-2.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa