Former Singapore star Rocket Man, one of the world's top sprinters at his prime, is nearly ready to race after a three-year hiatus, and his owner says the Breeders' Cup is not out of the question.
Pat Shaw trainer well known as the trainer of Rocket Man but with him on the sidelines with injury saddles up the consistent Lizarre in the Singapore Cup.
South African born one of the leading jockeys in Singapore with the powerful Patrick Shaw yard.
Local sprinter Ato, dismissed by the bettors at 20-1, came charging down the center of the course to win the $800,100 KrisFlyer International Sprint (Sin-I) by 1 1/2 lengths at Kranji Racecourse May 20.
Simon Burgess talks with Patrick Shaw, trainer of Rocket Man, the 2011 Dubai Golden Shaheen winner, who returns to defend his title in 2012. Sponsored by AmWest Watch Video
Simon Burgess talks with Patrick Shaw, trainer of Rocket Man, who runs in the Hong Kong Sprint. Sponsored by AmWest Watch Video
A Red Dazzler colt topped the opening session of the Magic Millions national horses in training sale, bringing Aust$260,000 ($264,904 in U.S. funds) Oct. 19 in Australia.
The Australian-bred son of Viscount overtook Euroears late to score the Golden Shaheen after finishing second in the race a year ago.
The inaugural Cape Town Premier yearling sale in South Africa generated a gross of R87.9 million ($12,433,600 in U.S. funds) during its two-day run that ended Jan. 28, according to the Racing Post.
New sire Catcher In The Rye was the sire of a colt that sizzled a furlong in :10.15 at the Magic Millions breeze ups last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm