Veteran trainer Patrick Mouton won his 1,000th career race Aug. 23, according to Equibase records, when he sent out Hylands Will to victory in the fourth race at Louisiana Downs.
Two $150,000 sale stakes run at Louisiana Downs on Louisiana Cup day Aug. 2 were won by 3-year-olds that sold through the Breeders Sales Company at its 2012 yearling sale.
Barely a year after a career-threatening injury, jockey E.J. Perrodin won his 3,000th career race aboard He's Royal Dee in the ninth race at Fair Grounds Dec. 5.
Owners are seldom at a loss for words but when Marvin and Joel Cunningham were informed that their 2-year-old homebred filly Tiger Eyed had given birth they were speechless.
Get Ready Bertie stamped herself as another filly of Oaks quality with an impressive two-length tally in Saturday's $100,000 Tiffany Lass Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Cort's P.B., with Jamie Theriot aboard, sped to the early lead and then held off a late charge by Smalltown Slew for a one-length win in the $75,000 Thanksgiving Handicap Thursday before a record crowd at Fair Grounds Race Course.
The Beter Man Can pulled an 11-1 shocker in the Tiffany Lass Stakes, overhauling odds-on favorite Punch Appeal at the top of the stretch to capture the $100,000 event for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions