The Karaka premier yearling sale in New Zealand ended its two-day run Jan. 31 with a seven-figure horse, but its gross revenue, average price, and median price all declined.
A daughter of Stravinsky commanded NZ$740,000 ($609,790 in U.S. funds) Jan. 30 to top the opening session of the premier yearling sale in New Zealand.
A paddock accident to a hind leg of the great Zabeel sent a scare through Cambridge Stud in New Zealand where the champion has been standing for 10 years. He was immediately confined to his stall.
Mares by Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Rhythm have supplied a 1-2 result for their sire in the Auckland Cup, New Zealand's premier two-mile race.
Champion sire Zabeel will stand at New Zealand's Cambridge Stud at a reduced fee.
Most Popular Stories
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted