The Karaka premier yearling sale in New Zealand ended its two-day run Jan. 31 with a seven-figure horse, but its gross revenue, average price, and median price all declined.
A daughter of Stravinsky commanded NZ$740,000 ($609,790 in U.S. funds) Jan. 30 to top the opening session of the premier yearling sale in New Zealand.
A paddock accident to a hind leg of the great Zabeel sent a scare through Cambridge Stud in New Zealand where the champion has been standing for 10 years. He was immediately confined to his stall.
Mares by Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Rhythm have supplied a 1-2 result for their sire in the Auckland Cup, New Zealand's premier two-mile race.
Champion sire Zabeel will stand at New Zealand's Cambridge Stud at a reduced fee.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses