The Karaka premier yearling sale in New Zealand ended its two-day run Jan. 31 with a seven-figure horse, but its gross revenue, average price, and median price all declined.
A daughter of Stravinsky commanded NZ$740,000 ($609,790 in U.S. funds) Jan. 30 to top the opening session of the premier yearling sale in New Zealand.
A paddock accident to a hind leg of the great Zabeel sent a scare through Cambridge Stud in New Zealand where the champion has been standing for 10 years. He was immediately confined to his stall.
Mares by Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Rhythm have supplied a 1-2 result for their sire in the Auckland Cup, New Zealand's premier two-mile race.
Champion sire Zabeel will stand at New Zealand's Cambridge Stud at a reduced fee.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport