Spurious Precision, the undefeated winner of the Saratoga Special (gr. II), was euthanized Sept. 18 after fracturing his left knee while working a day earlier at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Steve Haskin recalls Smarty's Derby victory in Part 5. read blog
The Alliance consists of professionals who have agreed to provide pro bono veterinary care to Thoroughbred ex-racehorses from non-profit organizations that have been registered with, and approved by, the TRF.
Gary Stevens has assumed a newly created position of Senior Advisor " Racing and Bloodstock Affairs, at IEAH Stables.
An Aug. 18, 2006, fundraising event is planned to benefit two nonprofit adoption and rescue organizations, ReRun and the Mid-Atlantic Horse Rescue.
Trainer Tim Ritchey and veterinarian Patricia Hogan said today Afleet Alex's injured leg is still in the healing process and he will not be ready for the Oct. 29 Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I).
Robert LaPenta's The Cliff's Edge, who suffered a fracture of the right front ankle during the running of the Oct. 2 Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I), underwent successful surgery the morning of Oct. 4 at the New Jersey Equine Clinic.
Looking at the handsome Smarty Jones today, it's hard to believe he once was so disfigured he was known as Quasimodo around the New Jersey Equine Clinic, where he had been brought after smashing up his head and face in a starting gate incident last spring.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce