Fluke registered the second grade I win of his career when he outfought favored Caracortado by a head in an exciting finish to the $300,000 Frank E. Kilroe Mile (gr. IT) on the Santa Anita turf March 5.
Fluke ran down stablemate Proudinsky in deep stretch to win in the $100,000 Thunder Road Handicap (gr. IIIT), giving trainer Humberto Ascanio the first two finishers over the Santa Anita turf Feb. 5.
In an emotional win for the barn of the late Bobby Frankel, the Brazilian import Fluke charged between horses in deep stretch to capture his first American stakes race in the $300,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park Nov. 27.
Patricia Bozano's Ay Caramba easily won the $194,000 Caesar Rodney Handicap on the turf at Delaware Park Saturday over three rivals.
Confident Gary Stevens astride Ay Caramba took the measure of Hotstufanthensome in the stretch and edged away to a three-quarters of a length win in the $150,000 Oceanport (gr. IIIT) on the Monmouth Park turf Sunday. It was one of six stakes on the New Jersey track's card worth at least $100,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Broberg, Hernandez Rule at Evangeline Meet
- NYRA Pledges Matching Funds for Aftercare
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- No Indy Grand Samples Exceed Cobalt Threshold