There was much more to the results of the Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp Majestic Barriere (Fr-I) than what the tote board stated after the race finished.
The accomplished sprinter Whipper, under a confident ride from Christophe Soumillon, won his third group I race at Deauville when he captured the Prix Maurice de Gheest Sunday by a half-length over Goodricke.
Taking on 18 opponents – the largest field in the history of Haydock Park's Sprint Cup (Eng-I) – surprising Tante Rose rallied from the back of the pack to overtake defending champion Somnus near the wire to win by a short head.
Ecurie Wildenstein's Westerner burst clear inside the final furlong to run away with Sunday's 2 1/2-mile marathon Prix du Cadran (Fr-I) at Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest
- Ocean Knight Undefeated in Sam F. Davis
- Futura Powerful J&B Met Winner at Kenilworth
- Complete List of Triple Crown Nominees
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23