J. Keeler Johnson handicaps the Hanshin Cup Stakes, Sheepshead Bay Stakes, and Majestic Light Stakes. read blog
William Stiriz's 5-year-old gelding Hogy will have his work cut out for him when he attempts to defend his title in the Hanshin Cup (gr. III) at Arlington Park against 13 capable challengers.
Rockport Harbor was euthanized Aug. 2 at New Bolton Center in Kennett Square, Pa., due to complications arising from laminitis.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Thoroughbred Breeding, Midwest Region, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association
Prominent Indiana Thoroughbred owner and breeder Don W. Myers Sr. died July 25 at home with his wife Dana and granddaughter Christina Lawton by his side. He was 92.
Merit Man is just a nose short of perfection in four starts for trainer Bob Hess Jr., but the 3-year-old son of With Distinction will have to travel a furlong farther than he has before in the $150,000 Hutcheson Stakes.
With owner Mike Repole choosing not to start horses in this year's Breeders' Cup on Nov. 2 and 3 at Santa Anita Park, the New York-based owner will ship talented juvenile Overanalyze to Churchill Downs for the Iroquois.
Multiple graded stakes winner Rockport Harbor will move from Darley near Lexington to stand the 2013 breeding season at Dr. William O. Solomon's Pin Oak Lane Farm near New Freedom, Pa.
- By Claire Novak
The horse is what you would call a hunch bet, the kind which is known for one sure thing--if you do not place upon this horse some kind of wager, said runner is as close to guaranteed to win as a racehorse gets in this life. read blog
Pataky Kid, winner of the Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III), heads a field of 14 runners in the Dixiana Breeders' Futurity Oct. 6 over Keeneland's Polytrack going 1 1/16 miles.
Swifty Farms' Pataky Kid, winner of the grade III Arlington-Washington Futurity, worked five furlongs in 1:00 2/5 for the grade I Dixianna Breeders' Futurity at Keeneland.
Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) winner Pataky Kid and Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) winner Gold Edge breezed Sept. 24 at Arlington Park in preparation for upcoming starts at Keeneland.
Pataky Kid continued his progress up the ladder and gave a hint of good things to come in the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity Sept. 8 at Arlington Park, earning his first stakes score for Swifty Farms.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm