Sizzling Siren Lure ran down the pacesetting Pure as Gold at the sixteenth pole to win the $298,000 Pat O'Brien Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) by 2 1/4 lengths at Del Mar Sunday. Declan's Moon, the 3-2 favorite, was eased on the turn of the seven-furlong race.
After his upset win in Del Mar's Bing Crosby Handicap (gr. I) on July 30, Pure as Gold makes a surprisingly quick return to the seaside for trainer Jack Carava in the $300,000 Pat O'Brien Handicap (gr. II) Sunday.
Given more than a four-month rest since his indifferent effort in the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), Domestic Dispute should be able to avoid the so-called "Dubai Bounce" in Sunday's $200,000 Pat O'Brien Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar, trainer Patrick Gallagher believes.
He made a splash as the conditioner of the 2002 Eclipse Award-winning filly Farda Amiga. Now Brazilian trainer Paulo Lobo has what could be the nation's top sprinter in Pico Central, who competes in the Pat O'Brien Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar Sunday.
The 2004 Breeders' Cup Stakes program will feature 113 races and will distribute $7.2 million in Breeders' Cup Funds - an increase of $800,000 over last year - to existing stakes races across the United States and Canada. Ten new races will receive Breeders' Cup enhancements for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Haskin: Viva Canonero...Again
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo