Travers, Longines Sword Dancer, Personal Ensign, Priority One Jets Forego, Ballerina, Ketel One King's Bishop, Woodford Reserve Ballston Spa, Pat O'Brien, Anticipation, Torrey Pines and more.
Masochistic, one of the top sprinters in 2015, made a strong return to racing in a July 8 allowance race at Santa Anita Park after a nine-month layoff and has been training forwardly for the $200,000 Pat O'Brien Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 27 at Del Mar.
The Factor will face five older horses in the seven-furlong Pat O'Brien (gr. I) as he makes his first start in more than four months on Sunday, Aug. 28, at Del Mar.
The $1-million, grade I Pacific Classic will be repositioned to Labor Day weekend as the highlight of the 70th season of racing at Del Mar Thoroughbred Club, which will offer 31 stakes with purses totaling nearly $7 million. The meet begins Wednesday, July 22 and runs through Wednesday, Sept. 9.
After his upset win in Del Mar's Bing Crosby Handicap (gr. I) on July 30, Pure as Gold makes a surprisingly quick return to the seaside for trainer Jack Carava in the $300,000 Pat O'Brien Handicap (gr. II) Sunday.
He made a splash as the conditioner of the 2002 Eclipse Award-winning filly Farda Amiga. Now Brazilian trainer Paulo Lobo has what could be the nation's top sprinter in Pico Central, who competes in the Pat O'Brien Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar Sunday.
Pleasantly Perfect, winner of the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) and second in his comeback effort, the San Diego Handicap (gr. II) on Aug. 1, remains atop the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Top 10 poll released on Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa