The Tattersalls July Sale continued in bouyant fashion on July 12 with 166 lots sold for 2,613,700 guineas at an average of 15,745 guineas and a median of 9,000 guineas. Demand was strong across the boards with the clearance rate an almost unheard of 95%.
After an absence of some four months, Nazirali won an allowance race at 12 furlongs on the Santa Anita turf in smart fashion on April 2 for trainer Julio Canani, and the jockey who rode the Irish-bred gelding that day says they can do it again in Sunday's $400,000 San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) at about 1 ¾ miles on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory