The Tattersalls July Sale continued in bouyant fashion on July 12 with 166 lots sold for 2,613,700 guineas at an average of 15,745 guineas and a median of 9,000 guineas. Demand was strong across the boards with the clearance rate an almost unheard of 95%.
After an absence of some four months, Nazirali won an allowance race at 12 furlongs on the Santa Anita turf in smart fashion on April 2 for trainer Julio Canani, and the jockey who rode the Irish-bred gelding that day says they can do it again in Sunday's $400,000 San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) at about 1 ¾ miles on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery