The Tattersalls July Sale continued in bouyant fashion on July 12 with 166 lots sold for 2,613,700 guineas at an average of 15,745 guineas and a median of 9,000 guineas. Demand was strong across the boards with the clearance rate an almost unheard of 95%.
After an absence of some four months, Nazirali won an allowance race at 12 furlongs on the Santa Anita turf in smart fashion on April 2 for trainer Julio Canani, and the jockey who rode the Irish-bred gelding that day says they can do it again in Sunday's $400,000 San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) at about 1 ¾ miles on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- Canterbury Park Announces 2015 Stakes Slate
- 2014 Auctions Digest
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Bell to Head Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance
- Court Decision Threatens Illinois Racing
- Aussie Sale Buyers Can Request Steroid Test