Even though the weather did its best to dampen spirits, bloodstock agents and owners, breeze-up buyers, and British and Irish trainers, turned out in force for the opening of the Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale.
The 2-year=old colt sells for 115,000 guineas ($183,183 in U.S. funds) while prices fall from 2009.
Gross rises 14% while average price increases 11.1% in Ireland.
The British Horseracing Board held its Flat Awards ceremony Tuesday, eligible to horses who are trained or raced at some stage in Britain during 2005. Motivator was named Horse Of The Year by the BHB.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel