Even though the weather did its best to dampen spirits, bloodstock agents and owners, breeze-up buyers, and British and Irish trainers, turned out in force for the opening of the Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale.
The 2-year=old colt sells for 115,000 guineas ($183,183 in U.S. funds) while prices fall from 2009.
Gross rises 14% while average price increases 11.1% in Ireland.
The British Horseracing Board held its Flat Awards ceremony Tuesday, eligible to horses who are trained or raced at some stage in Britain during 2005. Motivator was named Horse Of The Year by the BHB.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY Track, Equipment Co. Offers Scholarship
- RTCA Seeking Nominees for White Horse Award
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup