Even though the weather did its best to dampen spirits, bloodstock agents and owners, breeze-up buyers, and British and Irish trainers, turned out in force for the opening of the Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale.
The 2-year=old colt sells for 115,000 guineas ($183,183 in U.S. funds) while prices fall from 2009.
Gross rises 14% while average price increases 11.1% in Ireland.
The British Horseracing Board held its Flat Awards ceremony Tuesday, eligible to horses who are trained or raced at some stage in Britain during 2005. Motivator was named Horse Of The Year by the BHB.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Ellis Historical Racing to Exacta Systems
- Anchor Down Retired to Gainesway
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch
- V. E. Day Retired to Waldorf Farm
- 4 Kentucky Derby Contenders to Watch
- Brown Ships in Three for Hollywood Derby
- Valadorna Headed to Fair Grounds