Even though the weather did its best to dampen spirits, bloodstock agents and owners, breeze-up buyers, and British and Irish trainers, turned out in force for the opening of the Tattersalls Ireland September yearling sale.
The 2-year=old colt sells for 115,000 guineas ($183,183 in U.S. funds) while prices fall from 2009.
Gross rises 14% while average price increases 11.1% in Ireland.
The British Horseracing Board held its Flat Awards ceremony Tuesday, eligible to horses who are trained or raced at some stage in Britain during 2005. Motivator was named Horse Of The Year by the BHB.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?