The 2008 running of the $150,000 Berkeley Stakes (gr. III) went much better than last year's for McCann's Mojave, who seized the lead from favored Desert Code at the three-sixteenth pole and rolled to a driving 3 1/2-length win at Golden Gate Fields May 26.
Stakes veteran McCann's Mojave, a grade III winner on Golden Gate Fields' Tapeta Footings surface last November for trainer Steve Specht, tries to do it again in the $150,000 Berkeley Stakes (gr. III) on Memorial Day, May 26, at the Albany track.
Most Popular Stories
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap