The 2008 running of the $150,000 Berkeley Stakes (gr. III) went much better than last year's for McCann's Mojave, who seized the lead from favored Desert Code at the three-sixteenth pole and rolled to a driving 3 1/2-length win at Golden Gate Fields May 26.
Stakes veteran McCann's Mojave, a grade III winner on Golden Gate Fields' Tapeta Footings surface last November for trainer Steve Specht, tries to do it again in the $150,000 Berkeley Stakes (gr. III) on Memorial Day, May 26, at the Albany track.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation