Favored Za Approval, runner-up in last year's Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), broke through with his first win of 2014 when he led gate-to-wire to capture the $98,000 Real Courage Stakes on the Belmont Park turf Sept. 7.
Homebred Nikki's Sandcastle made a strong run on the final turn of the $150,000 Hanshin Cup Stakes (gr. III), and that move carried him to a determined victory May 24 at Arlington Park.
William Stiriz's 5-year-old gelding Hogy will have his work cut out for him when he attempts to defend his title in the Hanshin Cup (gr. III) at Arlington Park against 13 capable challengers.
Former claimer Delaunay increased his win streak to six when he swept past Trinniberg at the head of the stretch and prevailed by an easy four lengths over a sloppy track in the May 4 Churchill Downs Stakes (gr. II).
Champion sprinter Trinniberg heads a strong field for the 79th running of the $400,000 Churchill Downs Stakes (gr. II) to be run May 4 at the Louisville track.
Proven over the Arlington Park turf course this year, grade II winner Willcox Inn switches Illinois venues to Hawthorne Racecourse for the first time in the $200,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT) Sponsored by TVG Oct. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- A Q & A With Juddmonte Farms' Teddy Grimthorpe
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year