John Oxley's Lockout, who has faced better company in his past three outings, holds a class edge against nine rivals Oct. 19 in the six-furlong Nearctic Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine.
Stakes-producing dam Dance Lessons died Sept. 28 of natural causes at owner Fred Pace's farm in Trapp, Ky. She was 15.
Two-time TVG King Edward Stakes (Can-IIT) winner Riding the River looks to rebound from an unsatisfactory finish, while Highlander Stakes (Can-III) victor Go Blue or Go Home switches surfaces in the Play the King Stakes.
Essence Hit Man had to survive a claim of foul after holding off 28-1 shot Dimension in deep stretch by a neck to score a repeat victory in the $162,002 Bold Venture Stakes (Can-III) July 17 at Woodbine.
Two-time Canadian sprint champion Essence Hit Man looks to get back to his winning form when he faces five opponents in the $150,000 Bold Venture Stakes (Can-III) July 17 at Woodbine.
Champion Canadian sprinter Essence Hit Man earned his second victory of the 2012 Woodbine campaign when he led every step of the way to take the $168,790 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) by three-quarters of a length May 6.
Canada's champion sprinter Essence Hit Man looks for his second victory of the year in the $150,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine May 6.
Essence Hit Man set a quick pace and held off Gypsy Ring in deep stretch for an upset score in the $150,000 Kennedy Road (Can-III) Nov. 19 at Woodbine.
Hollywood Hit, Canada's defending champion sprinter, will try for his third stakes win this year as he takes on five rivals in the Kennedy Road Stakes (Can-III) over Woodbine's synthetic surface Saturday, Nov. 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull Stakes
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- First Reported Foal by Justin Phillip a Colt
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback
- Consumer Credit Captures Sweetest Chant