After finishing second to Ben's Cat in the previous two editions of the five-furlong turf race at Parx Racing, Tightend Touchdown would not be denied Saturday, July 11, edging longshot Mongolian Saturday by a nose.
Ben's Cat will aim to add to his remarkable career when the King Leatherbury homebred attempts to win the Parx Dash Handicap (gr. IIIT) for a fourth straight year Saturday, July 11 at Parx Racing.
The irrepressible Ben's Cat came from off the pace with a big rush on the outside to register his third consecutive win in the $200,000 Parx Dash Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at the Pennsylvania track July 12.
King Leatherbury said Sept. 20 he has decided to run his star Ben's Cat in the $100,000 Laurel Dash, a six-furlong turf sprint, rather than the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash on dirt Sept. 21 at Laurel Park.
Perhaps bettors felt Ben's Cat had lost a step when they sent him off at 10-1 in the $150,000 Parx Dash Handicap June 17, but the 6-year-old dispelled that notion with an emphatic two-length victory in course record time.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Firing Line to Crestwood