Looking to become the second horse to win back-to-back runnings of the $150,000 Royal Chase (NSA-I), Kinross Farm's Sur La Tete heads a talented list of 12 Thoroughbreds nominated to the race at Keeneland April 20.
Steeplechase champions McDynamo and Hirapour top the list of eight Thoroughbreds nominated to the $250,000 Breeders' Cup Grand National (gr. I) steeplechase, to be run Saturday, Oct. 28 at Far Hills, N.J.
Eldon Farm's Hirapour, a 9-year-old Irish-bred gelding, drew off from Three Carat for a 3 ¾-length victory in the $159,200 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase Handicap (NSA-I) at 2 3/8 miles over national fences at Saratoga Race Course Friday.
Led by A. P. Smithwick winner Paradise's Boss, nine jumpers are entered for Wednesday's $150,000 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase at Saratoga. The race has grade I designation from the National Steeplechase Association.
Eldon Farms' Hirapour, the 2004 Eclipse Award champion steeplechase horse, will have jockey Chip Miller aboard for the first time when he goes up against a veteran field of seven rivals in Monday's $75,000 A.P. Smithwick Memorial (NSA-II) at Saratoga.
Augustin Stable's Praise the Prince, winner of the added A.P. Smithwick Memorial Steeplechase (NSA-II) in 2001 and runner-up in the event last year, returns to Saratoga Race Course Thursday in the $75,000-added jumping event.
Most Popular Stories
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning