Looking to become the second horse to win back-to-back runnings of the $150,000 Royal Chase (NSA-I), Kinross Farm's Sur La Tete heads a talented list of 12 Thoroughbreds nominated to the race at Keeneland April 20.
Steeplechase champions McDynamo and Hirapour top the list of eight Thoroughbreds nominated to the $250,000 Breeders' Cup Grand National (gr. I) steeplechase, to be run Saturday, Oct. 28 at Far Hills, N.J.
Eldon Farm's Hirapour, a 9-year-old Irish-bred gelding, drew off from Three Carat for a 3 ¾-length victory in the $159,200 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase Handicap (NSA-I) at 2 3/8 miles over national fences at Saratoga Race Course Friday.
Led by A. P. Smithwick winner Paradise's Boss, nine jumpers are entered for Wednesday's $150,000 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase at Saratoga. The race has grade I designation from the National Steeplechase Association.
Eldon Farms' Hirapour, the 2004 Eclipse Award champion steeplechase horse, will have jockey Chip Miller aboard for the first time when he goes up against a veteran field of seven rivals in Monday's $75,000 A.P. Smithwick Memorial (NSA-II) at Saratoga.
Augustin Stable's Praise the Prince, winner of the added A.P. Smithwick Memorial Steeplechase (NSA-II) in 2001 and runner-up in the event last year, returns to Saratoga Race Course Thursday in the $75,000-added jumping event.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Preakness TV Rating Grows 6%
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch