Looking to become the second horse to win back-to-back runnings of the $150,000 Royal Chase (NSA-I), Kinross Farm's Sur La Tete heads a talented list of 12 Thoroughbreds nominated to the race at Keeneland April 20.
Steeplechase champions McDynamo and Hirapour top the list of eight Thoroughbreds nominated to the $250,000 Breeders' Cup Grand National (gr. I) steeplechase, to be run Saturday, Oct. 28 at Far Hills, N.J.
Eldon Farm's Hirapour, a 9-year-old Irish-bred gelding, drew off from Three Carat for a 3 ¾-length victory in the $159,200 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase Handicap (NSA-I) at 2 3/8 miles over national fences at Saratoga Race Course Friday.
Led by A. P. Smithwick winner Paradise's Boss, nine jumpers are entered for Wednesday's $150,000 New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase at Saratoga. The race has grade I designation from the National Steeplechase Association.
Eldon Farms' Hirapour, the 2004 Eclipse Award champion steeplechase horse, will have jockey Chip Miller aboard for the first time when he goes up against a veteran field of seven rivals in Monday's $75,000 A.P. Smithwick Memorial (NSA-II) at Saratoga.
Augustin Stable's Praise the Prince, winner of the added A.P. Smithwick Memorial Steeplechase (NSA-II) in 2001 and runner-up in the event last year, returns to Saratoga Race Course Thursday in the $75,000-added jumping event.
Most Popular Stories
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- Son Wins 'Lopez Battle' at Golden Gate Fields
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- New Bay, Karaktar Among 14 for French Derby
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Wonder Again Next Step for Unbeaten Lady Eli