Multiple graded winner Rose to Gold brought $450,000 from WinStar Farm to top the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky winter mixed sale, but the market saw across-the-board declines from last year's returns.
Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's Feb. 8-9 winter mixed sale, which features a handful of graded winners, hopes to continue recent trend of strong returns for mixed stock.
Fresh off her first stakes tally in the Whimsical (Can-III) at Woodbine in April, former claimer Purely Hot returns to the Polytrack in the $150,000 Hendrie Stakes (Can-III) May 24.
Part the Seas took full advantage of a torrid pace duel to land her first graded stakes victory from off the pace at odds of 14-1 in the $147,722 Bessarabian Stakes (Can-III) Dec. 1 at Woodbine.
Irish Mission and Northern Passion, first and second, respectively, in last spring's Woodbine Oaks, renew their acquaintance in the $200,00 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT) May 25 on the grass at Woodbine.
Former Canadian rider Chantal Sutherland, now based in Southern California, returns to Woodbine July 29 to ride Awesome Fire in the $250,000 Wonder Where Stakes, final leg of the triple tiara series for 3-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga