Millennium Wind, a grade I winner at 3 and a half brother to 1999 Horse of the Year Charismatic, was euthanized July 28 at Chaparral Equine Medical Center in Cave Creek, Ariz.
Tom Roach, who operated his family's Parrish Hill Farm near Midway, Ky., died Sept. 3 after a long illness. The horseman who co-bred 1999 Horse of the Year Charismatic was 63.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stables' Inca King stalked the pace, took the lead around the far turn and then inched away for a 1 -length victory in the $150,000 Commonwealth Turf Nov. 11 at Churchill Downs.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Inca King led from flag fall to finish in his graded stakes debut for trainer Steve Asmussen, turning back odds-on favorite Duveen in the stretch to win the Jefferson Cup (gr. IIT) Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Dr. Ben F. Roach, whose many stakes winners as a breeder include Horse of the Year Charismatic and inaugural Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) winner Princess Rooney, died the morning of Sept. 16 at age 86 at the Markey Cancer Center in Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes