Millennium Wind, a grade I winner at 3 and a half brother to 1999 Horse of the Year Charismatic, was euthanized July 28 at Chaparral Equine Medical Center in Cave Creek, Ariz.
Tom Roach, who operated his family's Parrish Hill Farm near Midway, Ky., died Sept. 3 after a long illness. The horseman who co-bred 1999 Horse of the Year Charismatic was 63.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stables' Inca King stalked the pace, took the lead around the far turn and then inched away for a 1 -length victory in the $150,000 Commonwealth Turf Nov. 11 at Churchill Downs.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Inca King led from flag fall to finish in his graded stakes debut for trainer Steve Asmussen, turning back odds-on favorite Duveen in the stretch to win the Jefferson Cup (gr. IIT) Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Dr. Ben F. Roach, whose many stakes winners as a breeder include Horse of the Year Charismatic and inaugural Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) winner Princess Rooney, died the morning of Sept. 16 at age 86 at the Markey Cancer Center in Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby