Millennium Wind, a grade I winner at 3 and a half brother to 1999 Horse of the Year Charismatic, was euthanized July 28 at Chaparral Equine Medical Center in Cave Creek, Ariz.
Tom Roach, who operated his family's Parrish Hill Farm near Midway, Ky., died Sept. 3 after a long illness. The horseman who co-bred 1999 Horse of the Year Charismatic was 63.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stables' Inca King stalked the pace, took the lead around the far turn and then inched away for a 1 -length victory in the $150,000 Commonwealth Turf Nov. 11 at Churchill Downs.
Heiligbrodt Racing Stable's Inca King led from flag fall to finish in his graded stakes debut for trainer Steve Asmussen, turning back odds-on favorite Duveen in the stretch to win the Jefferson Cup (gr. IIT) Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Dr. Ben F. Roach, whose many stakes winners as a breeder include Horse of the Year Charismatic and inaugural Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) winner Princess Rooney, died the morning of Sept. 16 at age 86 at the Markey Cancer Center in Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady