Irish-bred Aragorn, a two-time grade I turf winner, was represented by his first winner when his son Araneide won June 20 in Durtal in France.
A filly from the last full crop sired by leading stallion Storm Cat was purchased by Westrock Stables for $675,000 to top the early portion of the Thursday, Sept. 17, Keeneland September yearling sale.
Shack Parrish, president of Indian Creek, announced that Nicky Drion has been named farm manager of the Paris, Ky., farm.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
Jockey Jerry Bailey, who has been sidelined since early September due to a fractured left wrist, expects to ride competitively again on Oct. 13 at the Keeneland meet in Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees