Irish-bred Aragorn, a two-time grade I turf winner, was represented by his first winner when his son Araneide won June 20 in Durtal in France.
A filly from the last full crop sired by leading stallion Storm Cat was purchased by Westrock Stables for $675,000 to top the early portion of the Thursday, Sept. 17, Keeneland September yearling sale.
Shack Parrish, president of Indian Creek, announced that Nicky Drion has been named farm manager of the Paris, Ky., farm.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
Jockey Jerry Bailey, who has been sidelined since early September due to a fractured left wrist, expects to ride competitively again on Oct. 13 at the Keeneland meet in Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream