Irish-bred Aragorn, a two-time grade I turf winner, was represented by his first winner when his son Araneide won June 20 in Durtal in France.
A filly from the last full crop sired by leading stallion Storm Cat was purchased by Westrock Stables for $675,000 to top the early portion of the Thursday, Sept. 17, Keeneland September yearling sale.
Shack Parrish, president of Indian Creek, announced that Nicky Drion has been named farm manager of the Paris, Ky., farm.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
- By Ron Mitchell
Jockey Jerry Bailey, who has been sidelined since early September due to a fractured left wrist, expects to ride competitively again on Oct. 13 at the Keeneland meet in Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Local Hero, Guest Suite Top Risen Star Selections