Irish-bred Aragorn, a two-time grade I turf winner, was represented by his first winner when his son Araneide won June 20 in Durtal in France.
A filly from the last full crop sired by leading stallion Storm Cat was purchased by Westrock Stables for $675,000 to top the early portion of the Thursday, Sept. 17, Keeneland September yearling sale.
Shack Parrish, president of Indian Creek, announced that Nicky Drion has been named farm manager of the Paris, Ky., farm.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
- By Ron Mitchell
Jockey Jerry Bailey, who has been sidelined since early September due to a fractured left wrist, expects to ride competitively again on Oct. 13 at the Keeneland meet in Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms