Irish-bred Aragorn, a two-time grade I turf winner, was represented by his first winner when his son Araneide won June 20 in Durtal in France.
A filly from the last full crop sired by leading stallion Storm Cat was purchased by Westrock Stables for $675,000 to top the early portion of the Thursday, Sept. 17, Keeneland September yearling sale.
Shack Parrish, president of Indian Creek, announced that Nicky Drion has been named farm manager of the Paris, Ky., farm.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
- By Ron Mitchell
Jockey Jerry Bailey, who has been sidelined since early September due to a fractured left wrist, expects to ride competitively again on Oct. 13 at the Keeneland meet in Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy in Final Drill for Return
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes