Australian-bred Man of Illusion, third most recently in the Shakertown (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland, is the 5-2 morning line favorite in Friday's $100,000 Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Grass champion Kitten's Joy drove to the front along the hedge just inside the eighth pole and drew away to win the $274,000 Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs in his triumphant first start of the year.
Kenneth and Sarah Ramsey's Kitten's Joy, winner of the Eclipse Award as America's grass champion in 2004, makes his season debut as the 3-5 morning line favorite in Monday's Firecracker Breeders' Cup (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs.
Mighty Beau, runner-up to Lydgate in the 2004 renewal of $100,000-added Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT), leads the line-up in the five-furlong turf sprint for older horses Friday at Churchill Downs.
Soaring Free, away from the races since last year's Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), showed that he has lost none of his grit Saturday when he held off Mighty Beau by a neck for victory in the $113,300 Shakertown (gr. IIIT) on the Keeneland lawn.
Soaring Free returns to Keeneland Saturday to defend his title in the $100,000-added Shakertown (gr. IIIT), facing 10 rivals in the 5 1/2-furlong turf event.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Interest Sold, May Race Again
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Shared Belief Works Toward Awesome Again
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Twirling Candy Colt Leads Tattersalls Sale
- Guillot, Jerkens Like Chances in Gold Cup
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- The Week in Photos for 9/23/2014
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 1,236 for October Sale
- Ruidoso Unveils Integrity and Safety Program