On April 28, long time racetrack worker and paraplegic Rodney Burnett began a daunting journey with a worthy mission. Burnett, 51, is currently en route to the West Coast in a covered wagon on a 2,500-mile cross country trip that began in Williston, Fla.
Jockey Jose Santos will return to the limelight Feb. 23 when he joins athletes from various other sports at the 17th Sports Legends Awards dinner at The Omni Hotel in Los Angeles, Calif. The event benefits spinal cord research through the Paralysis Project of America.
Jockey Ron Turcotte, a winner of more than 3,000 races whose career was cut short in 1978 when he was paralyzed from the waist down in a racing accident at Belmont Park, is among the honorees at the 16th annual Sports Legends Awards to benefit spinal cord research.
Jockey Alex Solis is among seven athletes to be honored at the 15th annual Sports Legends Awards, presented by the Paralysis Project of America at a ceremony to be held Feb. 25 at the Omni Hotel in Los Angeles.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Global Gaming Almanac Set for July 28 Release
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Wednesday at Saratoga