On April 28, long time racetrack worker and paraplegic Rodney Burnett began a daunting journey with a worthy mission. Burnett, 51, is currently en route to the West Coast in a covered wagon on a 2,500-mile cross country trip that began in Williston, Fla.
Jockey Jose Santos will return to the limelight Feb. 23 when he joins athletes from various other sports at the 17th Sports Legends Awards dinner at The Omni Hotel in Los Angeles, Calif. The event benefits spinal cord research through the Paralysis Project of America.
Jockey Ron Turcotte, a winner of more than 3,000 races whose career was cut short in 1978 when he was paralyzed from the waist down in a racing accident at Belmont Park, is among the honorees at the 16th annual Sports Legends Awards to benefit spinal cord research.
Jockey Alex Solis is among seven athletes to be honored at the 15th annual Sports Legends Awards, presented by the Paralysis Project of America at a ceremony to be held Feb. 25 at the Omni Hotel in Los Angeles.
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby
- Gulfstream 'Cap Distance Fits Private Zone
- Winning Prize to Defend Kilroe Mile Title
- Conquest Two Step One to Beat in San Carlos
- Retired Trainer Lake Dies in Saratoga Springs
- BC Tickets Still Available After Day One Sale