Candy Stables' homebred Queen's Plaza took the lead soon after the start and never looked back, romping to a 3 1/4-length victory in the $100,000 Sorority Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Robert and Beverly Lewis and trainer D. Wayne Lukas had plenty to celebrate in Sunday's Independence Day $110,800 Debutante (gr. III) at Churchill Downs when their favored Classic Elegance surged past stablemate Paragon Queen in the final stages.
Churchill Downs' $100,000-added Debutante Stakes (gr. III) has the makings of a family affair. Siblings Greg and Vickie Foley will saddle two of the major contenders in Sunday's importantearly test for 2-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic