Candy Stables' homebred Queen's Plaza took the lead soon after the start and never looked back, romping to a 3 1/4-length victory in the $100,000 Sorority Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Robert and Beverly Lewis and trainer D. Wayne Lukas had plenty to celebrate in Sunday's Independence Day $110,800 Debutante (gr. III) at Churchill Downs when their favored Classic Elegance surged past stablemate Paragon Queen in the final stages.
Churchill Downs' $100,000-added Debutante Stakes (gr. III) has the makings of a family affair. Siblings Greg and Vickie Foley will saddle two of the major contenders in Sunday's importantearly test for 2-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Rood & Riddle to Sponsor Breeders' Cup Draw
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism