Candy Stables' homebred Queen's Plaza took the lead soon after the start and never looked back, romping to a 3 1/4-length victory in the $100,000 Sorority Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Robert and Beverly Lewis and trainer D. Wayne Lukas had plenty to celebrate in Sunday's Independence Day $110,800 Debutante (gr. III) at Churchill Downs when their favored Classic Elegance surged past stablemate Paragon Queen in the final stages.
Churchill Downs' $100,000-added Debutante Stakes (gr. III) has the makings of a family affair. Siblings Greg and Vickie Foley will saddle two of the major contenders in Sunday's importantearly test for 2-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double