Candy Stables' homebred Queen's Plaza took the lead soon after the start and never looked back, romping to a 3 1/4-length victory in the $100,000 Sorority Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Robert and Beverly Lewis and trainer D. Wayne Lukas had plenty to celebrate in Sunday's Independence Day $110,800 Debutante (gr. III) at Churchill Downs when their favored Classic Elegance surged past stablemate Paragon Queen in the final stages.
Churchill Downs' $100,000-added Debutante Stakes (gr. III) has the makings of a family affair. Siblings Greg and Vickie Foley will saddle two of the major contenders in Sunday's importantearly test for 2-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- BC Nomination Discount for HRA Ends July 15