Multiple graded winner Cyber Secret lived up to his favored billing in the Prairie Bayou Stakes at Turfway Park Dec. 21, setting a track record for 1 1/16 miles of 1:42.26 on the Polytrack en route to a 4 1/2-length victory.
Commander defended his title in the British Columbia Premier's Stakes (Can-III) while Madeira Park secured the first graded stakes win in her career in the Ballerina Stakes (Can-III) Oct. 14 at Hastings Racecourse.
Oaklawn Park specialist Cyber Secret ran away with the $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II) for track owner Charles Cella April 13 as heavily favored Fort Larned folded.
Charles J. Cella's Cyber Secret, a son of Broken Vow, edges pacesetter Golden Ron by a head in the March 9 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
James Spence's El Caballo shook off a more than seven-month layoff to earn his first stakes victory, as he rolled to an easy 3 1/4-length win in the $100,000 Colonel E.R. Bradley Handicap (gr. IIIT) Jan. 23 at Fair Grounds.
Brandon and Diannah Perry are offering their first Thoroughbred yearling consignment in the name of their Kentucky-based Paragon Farms at the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select sale, which starts its two-night run Aug. 4 in New York.
If the massive Keeneland September auction is the Wal-Mart of yearling sales, then Fasig-Tipton's Saratoga select auction is the stylish little boutique. There are only 195 horses in the Saratoga catalog, and some of their pedigrees are quite fancy. Horses by such top sires as A.P. Indy, Distorted Humor, and Storm Cat are scheduled to be offered during the sale's two-night run, Aug. 4 and 5, in New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist Looks Tough in Jim Dandy Stakes
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Delaware, Horsemen Hope to Pay Late Purses