Three jockeys have appealed their seven-day suspensions and $5,000 fines levied by the Churchill Downs stewards for wearing unapproved advertising in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and failing to comply with stewards' orders.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority is reviewing the wearing of advertising by some jockeys in the May 7 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) that wasn't approved by the regulatory agency or Churchill Downs. Included is jockey Jeremy Rose, who finished third aboard Afleet Alex.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat
- Hangover Kid Strikes Late in Bowling Green