Three jockeys have appealed their seven-day suspensions and $5,000 fines levied by the Churchill Downs stewards for wearing unapproved advertising in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and failing to comply with stewards' orders.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority is reviewing the wearing of advertising by some jockeys in the May 7 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) that wasn't approved by the regulatory agency or Churchill Downs. Included is jockey Jeremy Rose, who finished third aboard Afleet Alex.
Most Popular Stories
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19