Three jockeys have appealed their seven-day suspensions and $5,000 fines levied by the Churchill Downs stewards for wearing unapproved advertising in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and failing to comply with stewards' orders.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority is reviewing the wearing of advertising by some jockeys in the May 7 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) that wasn't approved by the regulatory agency or Churchill Downs. Included is jockey Jeremy Rose, who finished third aboard Afleet Alex.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- For Joe Rocco Jr., It's All About the Horse
- Aktabantay Knocked Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Asmussen Aims to Make Untapable Feel at Home
- Northern Cal Trainers On Cup's Center Stage
- Top Decile Under Radar for Juvenile Fillies
- TimeformUS Breeders' Cup Preview: Distaff