Game On Dude, who was retired from racing Sept. 18 as the only three-time Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) winner, will be paraded between the sixth and seventh races Saturday, Sept. 27 at Santa Anita Park.
Five of the seven Breeders' Cup winners with Churchill Downs ties will be paraded beneath the Twin Spires Nov. 11.
Smarty Jones, the gutsy colt whose quest for a Triple Crown was sidetracked by Birdstone in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), is the subject of a short item in the Oct. 10 issue of Parade magazine, which is supplement inside many Sunday newspapers.
From May 23 until June 7, when Belmont Park will host the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), the race will be celebrated almost daily in greater New York City. There is a Belmont Festival at Chinatown; a hot dog eating contest, a street festival, and a hat contest.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Maryland Jockey Club Focus on Daily Product