Game On Dude, who was retired from racing Sept. 18 as the only three-time Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) winner, will be paraded between the sixth and seventh races Saturday, Sept. 27 at Santa Anita Park.
Five of the seven Breeders' Cup winners with Churchill Downs ties will be paraded beneath the Twin Spires Nov. 11.
Smarty Jones, the gutsy colt whose quest for a Triple Crown was sidetracked by Birdstone in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), is the subject of a short item in the Oct. 10 issue of Parade magazine, which is supplement inside many Sunday newspapers.
From May 23 until June 7, when Belmont Park will host the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), the race will be celebrated almost daily in greater New York City. There is a Belmont Festival at Chinatown; a hot dog eating contest, a street festival, and a hat contest.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- Tampa Bay Releases 2014-15 Stakes Schedule