Game On Dude, who was retired from racing Sept. 18 as the only three-time Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) winner, will be paraded between the sixth and seventh races Saturday, Sept. 27 at Santa Anita Park.
Five of the seven Breeders' Cup winners with Churchill Downs ties will be paraded beneath the Twin Spires Nov. 11.
Smarty Jones, the gutsy colt whose quest for a Triple Crown was sidetracked by Birdstone in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), is the subject of a short item in the Oct. 10 issue of Parade magazine, which is supplement inside many Sunday newspapers.
From May 23 until June 7, when Belmont Park will host the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), the race will be celebrated almost daily in greater New York City. There is a Belmont Festival at Chinatown; a hot dog eating contest, a street festival, and a hat contest.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- That Handicapping Show: Louisiana Derby
- War Correspondent, Lochte Head Appleton
- Riposte Primed For Big Effort in Orchid