Aggie Engineer, a multiple graded stakes winner, has been retired from racing because of arthritis in his joints.
Mares reported in foal to first-year stallions Warrior's Reward, Line of David, and Temple City.
The tactics differed but the results remained the same for favored Aggie Engineer, who used a stalking trip to capture the $150,000 San Pasqual Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 8 in his first start on Santa Anita's new dirt track.
Aggie Engineer turned a soft early lead into the first graded stakes win of his career when he bounded away leaving the final turn to win the $100,000 Native Diver Handicap (gr. III) by 1 3/4 lengths at Hollywood Park Dec. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up
- Haskin: Viva Canonero...Again
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo