Aggie Engineer, a multiple graded stakes winner, has been retired from racing because of arthritis in his joints.
Mares reported in foal to first-year stallions Warrior's Reward, Line of David, and Temple City.
The tactics differed but the results remained the same for favored Aggie Engineer, who used a stalking trip to capture the $150,000 San Pasqual Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 8 in his first start on Santa Anita's new dirt track.
Aggie Engineer turned a soft early lead into the first graded stakes win of his career when he bounded away leaving the final turn to win the $100,000 Native Diver Handicap (gr. III) by 1 3/4 lengths at Hollywood Park Dec. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Equine Infections Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park