Aggie Engineer, a multiple graded stakes winner, has been retired from racing because of arthritis in his joints.
Mares reported in foal to first-year stallions Warrior's Reward, Line of David, and Temple City.
The tactics differed but the results remained the same for favored Aggie Engineer, who used a stalking trip to capture the $150,000 San Pasqual Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 8 in his first start on Santa Anita's new dirt track.
Aggie Engineer turned a soft early lead into the first graded stakes win of his career when he bounded away leaving the final turn to win the $100,000 Native Diver Handicap (gr. III) by 1 3/4 lengths at Hollywood Park Dec. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- 32 Horses Die in Chicago-Area Stable Fire
- Salute the Sarge to E.A. Ranches in Calif.
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Easter Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess