Late additions to the University of Arizona Symposium on Racing agenda stem from the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 investigation and resulting industry pari-mutuel review.
A July 2 panel discussion on racetrack medication and the "reality of perception" led to allegations of medication abuse, racing surfaces that damage horses, and a regulatory system that hinders progress.
The racing industry's quest for uniformity in medication and drug testing continued Wednesday with a lively panel discussion on the issue at the University of Arizona Symposium on Racing in Tucson. Meanwhile, the jury is out as to whether there will be considerable change in Kentucky, a major racing state where officials appear split on the issue.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says