Late additions to the University of Arizona Symposium on Racing agenda stem from the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 investigation and resulting industry pari-mutuel review.
A July 2 panel discussion on racetrack medication and the "reality of perception" led to allegations of medication abuse, racing surfaces that damage horses, and a regulatory system that hinders progress.
The racing industry's quest for uniformity in medication and drug testing continued Wednesday with a lively panel discussion on the issue at the University of Arizona Symposium on Racing in Tucson. Meanwhile, the jury is out as to whether there will be considerable change in Kentucky, a major racing state where officials appear split on the issue.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points