Late additions to the University of Arizona Symposium on Racing agenda stem from the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 investigation and resulting industry pari-mutuel review.
A July 2 panel discussion on racetrack medication and the "reality of perception" led to allegations of medication abuse, racing surfaces that damage horses, and a regulatory system that hinders progress.
The racing industry's quest for uniformity in medication and drug testing continued Wednesday with a lively panel discussion on the issue at the University of Arizona Symposium on Racing in Tucson. Meanwhile, the jury is out as to whether there will be considerable change in Kentucky, a major racing state where officials appear split on the issue.
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab