The owners of champion mare Intercontinental and those who ran behind her in last September's $200,000 Palomar Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) at Del Mar argued in front of three California stewards June 5 whether the winner's share of the Palomar purse should be redistributed.
Former trainer David Loder, acting for an undisclosed client, topped Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training Sale in Newmarket Wednesday when paying 360,000 guineas for 2-year-old Kilworth (Ire), who had finished runner-up in the Royal Lodge Stakes (Eng-II) at Newmarket.
Millionaires Intercontinental and Ticker Tape and horse-for-the-course Amorama headline a field of six for Saturday's $200,000 Palomar Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
The field is small but mighty for Sunday's grade II, $200,000 Palomar Handicap for fillies and mares 3 years old and up going 1 1/16 miles on the turf.
Tranquility Lake will miss Saturday's Ramona Handicap (gr. IT) due to a fever. The 5-year-old mare was expected to be the favorite and highweight for the nine-furlong race at Del Mar, but she apparently suffered a spider bite and became ill.
Most Popular Stories
- Meadowlands Cancels Friday card
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: The G2 Lafayette
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Distorted Humor Tops WinStar Stallion Fees
- Ashford Execs Testify in Love Me Only Trial
- Will Take Charge to Stand for $30,000
- Pletcher Pair Heads Turnback the Alarm
- Bel's Starlet, 27, Dies at Our Mims
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- FTBOA Names New Executive Committee, Board