Herboriste never let favored Palmilla get away from her and eventually wore her rival down in the stretch to win the $150,000 Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes by 1 1/2 lengths at Keeneland Oct. 19.
George Strawbridge Jr.'s Palmilla, the only graded stakes winner in an overflow field of 12 older fillies and mares, tops the wide open $150,000 Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes at Keeneland Oct. 19.
Mauralakana, the leading filly and mare turf runner in the country, looks to add to her already dazzling resume in the $600,000 Flower Bowl Invitational (gr. IT) at Belmont Park Sept. 27.
Hostess kept the leaders in range throughout the easily paced $108,900 Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga, then burst past odds-on choice Dynaforce and two others mid-stretch for jockey Rajiv Maragh to post a neck victory Sept. 1. on the inner turf course.
Dynaforce, a hard-luck loser in both of her American starts, takes a small step down in class in hopes of securing her first win over here, as she leads a field of seven in the $100,000 Glen Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sept. 1 at Saratoga.
George Strawbridge Jr.'s homebred Palmilla pulled off a shocker in the $300,000 Robert G. Dick Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 12 on the Delaware Park turf, as she soared past 1-5 favorite Rosinka in mid-stretch to win by 3 1/2 lengths under Rosemary Homeister Jr.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- HRRN Set for Dubai, Gulfstream Coverage
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale