Herboriste never let favored Palmilla get away from her and eventually wore her rival down in the stretch to win the $150,000 Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes by 1 1/2 lengths at Keeneland Oct. 19.
George Strawbridge Jr.'s Palmilla, the only graded stakes winner in an overflow field of 12 older fillies and mares, tops the wide open $150,000 Rood and Riddle Dowager Stakes at Keeneland Oct. 19.
Mauralakana, the leading filly and mare turf runner in the country, looks to add to her already dazzling resume in the $600,000 Flower Bowl Invitational (gr. IT) at Belmont Park Sept. 27.
Hostess kept the leaders in range throughout the easily paced $108,900 Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga, then burst past odds-on choice Dynaforce and two others mid-stretch for jockey Rajiv Maragh to post a neck victory Sept. 1. on the inner turf course.
Dynaforce, a hard-luck loser in both of her American starts, takes a small step down in class in hopes of securing her first win over here, as she leads a field of seven in the $100,000 Glen Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sept. 1 at Saratoga.
George Strawbridge Jr.'s homebred Palmilla pulled off a shocker in the $300,000 Robert G. Dick Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 12 on the Delaware Park turf, as she soared past 1-5 favorite Rosinka in mid-stretch to win by 3 1/2 lengths under Rosemary Homeister Jr.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field