The American Association of Equine Practitioners on Feb. 16 issued guidelines for protecting the health of the Thoroughbred racehorse.
Charlie Palmer, who spent more than 60 years working in the California horse racing industry, died of an aneurism at his home Dec. 7. He was 80.
Freshmen sires Medaglia d'Oro and Mr. Livingston, both by El Prado, were represented by their respective first winners when Richard Rowan's Renda and Theresa and David Palmer and Merritt Racing's D. C.'s Legacy won at Calder Race Course May 31.
In a year where multiple trainers have multiple horses in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), Bill Kaplan will saddle two longshots.
- By Dan Johnson
Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino has selected Gary Palmer to be its new general manager.
Stakes winner Talk Is Money was represented by his first winner when his son Ermengarde won May 29 at Lone Star Park.
More than 20 equine organizations have committed to send at least one representative to the first "Unwanted Horse Summit" scheduled for April 19 as part of the American Horse Council meeting in Washington, D.C.
The American Association of Equine Practitioners has announced plans to host an Unwanted Horse Summit. The summit, a one-day conference bringing equine industry leaders together to address the problem of unwanted horses, will take place Tuesday, April 19, 2005, during the American Horse Council's annual meeting in Washington, D.C.
Double S Stable, Ken Avanzino, and Joe Sullivan's French Charmer will be the starting highweight for this Saturday's $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap at Calder Race Course. A full field of 12 has been entered for the 1 1/8-mile turf contest that will go as the fifth race on the card.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91