Evita Argentina, the only graded stakes winner in the $111,100 Moccasin for 2-year-old fillies, surged from last on the turn to defeat favored Mi Chiamano Mimi Nov. 16 at smoky Hollywood Park.
The combination of trainer Mike Mitchell and jockey Garrett Gomez will aim for their second straight Moccasin Stakes victory at Hollywood Park Nov. 16 as unbeaten Mi Chiamano Mimi attempts to improve her winning streak to three in the $100,000 event for 2-year-old fillies.
Stardom Bound put on a dazzling performance in the $250,000 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 27 during the Oak Tree meeting at Santa Anita Park. The 2-year-old Tapit filly rallied from last, came eight-wide into the stretch, and mowed down her rivals to win going away under Mike Smith.
The first three finishers of the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) have passed the entry box for the Sept. 27 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I). The two-turn, $250,000 race for 2-year-old fillies at the Oak Tree meeting figures to be a key prep for next month's Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
The aptly named maiden Stardom Bound, far behind the leaders on the final turn, unleashed a monstrous move through the home stretch to turn the $250,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) into a 4 1/4-length stunner Sept. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing