Evita Argentina, the only graded stakes winner in the $111,100 Moccasin for 2-year-old fillies, surged from last on the turn to defeat favored Mi Chiamano Mimi Nov. 16 at smoky Hollywood Park.
The combination of trainer Mike Mitchell and jockey Garrett Gomez will aim for their second straight Moccasin Stakes victory at Hollywood Park Nov. 16 as unbeaten Mi Chiamano Mimi attempts to improve her winning streak to three in the $100,000 event for 2-year-old fillies.
Stardom Bound put on a dazzling performance in the $250,000 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 27 during the Oak Tree meeting at Santa Anita Park. The 2-year-old Tapit filly rallied from last, came eight-wide into the stretch, and mowed down her rivals to win going away under Mike Smith.
The first three finishers of the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) have passed the entry box for the Sept. 27 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I). The two-turn, $250,000 race for 2-year-old fillies at the Oak Tree meeting figures to be a key prep for next month's Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
The aptly named maiden Stardom Bound, far behind the leaders on the final turn, unleashed a monstrous move through the home stretch to turn the $250,000 Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) into a 4 1/4-length stunner Sept. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Lenny's Place: Kentucky Derby Edition
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law