Dogwood Stable's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Palace Malice will make his final start of 2013 in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and will have a new rider--Hall of Fame jockey John Velazquez.
Dogwood Stables' Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Palace Malice proved his class July 27 at Saratoga Race Course, powering to victory in the $600,000 Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. II).
by John P. Sparkman
Curlin has not made the fastest start at stud with his first crop of 3-year-olds, but the victory of Palace Malice in the 145th Belmont Stakes June 8 gave him a first-crop classic winner.
Porter On Pedigrees
Alan Porter dives into the family of Belmont Stakes winner Palace Malice.
A patient Palace Malice collared Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Oxbow coming out of the final turn and dominated the stretch run to post a convincing upset win in the $1 million Belmont Stakes (gr. I) June 8 at Belmont Park.
In the case of Palace Malice, it was a simple, but fateful, decision by Burl McBride, the trainer of the colt's dam, Palace Rumor, that has led the son of Curlin to Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby. read blog
Hall of Fame jockey Edgar Prado comes to Fair Grounds for the first time this season to ride Palace Malice in the 100th anniversary edition of the $1 million Louisiana Derby (gr. II) March 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses